Law firms across the country have been moving quickly to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by establishing emergency response teams. A selected list of law firm with a coronavirus response team appears below.
Partial Listing of Law Firm Coronavirus Response Centers
Frost Brown Todd LLC
Holland & Knight
The Association of Legal Administrators has also published a helpful guide that addresses many aspects of law firm management in light of the coronavirus.
Legal Considerations in Law Firm Coronavirus Response Centers
In these challenging times when state, federal and corporate managers are racing to “flatten the curve” on the rate at which the coronavirus is spread, there are many pressing legal issues that move to the forefront. Employee-related concerns will hit most businesses, along with concerns about cybersecurity, safety, and insurance coverage. A few of the many legal issues are identified below.
Labor and Employment
- Business travel policies
- Employee privacy rights
- Family Medical Leave Act and other benefits
- Managing a remote work force
- Wage and hour issues, including lay-offs and forced time off
- Worker safety considerations and OSHA compliance
Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Remote connections to corporate / municipal data networks
- Security software on personal devices
- Privacy of any health data collected in regard to employee COVID-19 symptoms
Insurance and Negligence Considerations
- Insurance coverage under business interruption policies
- Travel industry liability regarding passengers who carry the virus
- Event cancellation insurance
- Negligence claims for premises liability
- Director & Officer (D&O) liability
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)
Legal Marketing Agency for Law Firms
If your law firm is asking how you can get more business, give us a call. We have helped more than 175 law firms in 39 states create and launch business development campaigns. We make it our business to identify who you need to contact at corporations, insurance companies, and municipalities to be considered as outside defense counsel.
Legal Expert Connections, Inc. offers three key benefits to law firms nationwide:
- We are a leading U.S. legal marketing agency specializing in new business development. We know the outside counsel process and can accelerate your business development efforts by identifying who you need to contact.
- You get a structured business development process. We guide your law firm through a proven three-step campaign that brings discipline, focus, and productivity to your marketing efforts.
- Increase revenue with professional, Bar-compliant legal marketing campaigns. We do the research to identify prospects, so you can focus your time on the business development process. We have in-depth knowledge of attorney advertising guidelines and strive to prepare bar-compliant marketing materials.
This article is provided for educational purposes only. It is not to be interpreted as legal advice or an opinion in regard to any topic discussed. The article should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state. Every situation is different and circumstances vary widely depending on the governing state law, policy provisions, and related considerations.