President and Founder, Legal Expert Connections, Inc.
Author, “Courting Your Clients: The Essential Guide to Legal Marketing”
Law firm marketing consultant Margaret Grisdela has more than 30 years of experience serving attorneys, accountants, investment banks and businesses with high quality information products and services designed to generate revenue.
Ms. Grisdela creates and implements business development campaigns for law firms, forensic accountants, and litigation support services. She worked for leading international publishers – including McGraw-Hill, Simon & Schuster, Thomson Financial and VNU Publishing – before founding two successful business development companies.
Public records research in Washington, D.C. formed the basis for Margaret’s early career, where she honed her skills in precedent research and document retrieval for attorneys, accountants, investment banks and libraries. She is experienced in filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), federal and state courts, and U.S. government agencies. Additionally, her expertise in Internet research gives clients access to a world of powerful data.
Career highlights include:
- Former President and Co-Founder of Clientize.com Inc., an Internet marketing firm based in Boca Raton, Florida. Services include online surveys, search engine marketing and enewsletters.
- Vice President, Editorial for the F.W. Dodge unit of McGraw-Hill, with responsibility for a staff of 500 reporters generating thousands of construction news stories every day.
- Vice President for Internet Financial Network, an online financial news service. Ms. Grisdela created a real-time news wire based on a live EDGAR feed of SEC public company filings. This “IFN Instant News” product won a “Hot Shots” award from The Information Industry Association in 1997.
- Executive Vice President, Operations for Disclosure, Inc. Responsible for the collection of every SEC filing in paper format (pre-EDGAR) to fulfill a Securities & Exchange Commission contract for the production of archival microfiche. Documents were indexed, filmed, digitized, databased and distributed to leading Wall Street firms, law firms, libraries and corporations.
- President of Charles E. Simon & Company, a Washington DC-based research firm specializing in the research and retrieval of SEC and court filings for attorneys, investment bankers and librarians.
Ms. Grisdela holds a B.A. from Wayne State University and an MBA in Finance from The George Washington University. She is a Founder and former six-year Board Member of the South Florida Technology Alliance. Ms. Grisdela is a past Board Member and 2005 President of the Florida Direct Marketing Association. Contact her via email or at 561-266-1030.